Monday, March 9, 2009

Kids Eat Free...kindof

My friends and I have found that the best ways to go out to eat, are to go on "kids eat free" nights. We have figured out which restaurants have what and on what night. Usually we just go to 2 and we don't go every week but sometimes you just have to eat out and those of you with kids know that it sometimes, ok most of the time, isn't worth it to buy a full meal for a picky eater. A couple weeks ago we went to Denny's being a mother of three Tuesdays and Saturdays "kids eat free" was perfect for me. It was 2 kids free per 1 paying adult. Much to my surprise they have changed this rule to 1 kid per 1 paying adult so it isn't exactly saving me a whole lot of money what a whole like 4 bucks, woohoo! really worth it wouldn't you say. ugh! Tonight was another attempt at a kids eat free, tonight it was at Godfathers. All you can eat pizza buffet, and Mondays is "kids eat free" Again though they changed the rule to 1 kid per paying adult any others are .50 x their age. Not too bad. So we sit down and get ready to fill our plates. We get to the buffet and there is very slim pickins' I was a little disappointed. The kids were fine with mac and cheese and some sausage pizza though. Every time they brought out more pizza though, there was this HUGE party that would swarm the buffet and leave virtually nothing for the rest of the people waiting. Each person taking 2,3,4 or even 5 pieces each! It was rather irritating the lack of courtesy these people had. Their kids were jumping off chairs, it was just crazy. We sat there for about an hour and a half in which time we probably had maybe like 3 slices each. And some dessert pizza. . I just really couldn't believe those people, it was like feeding time at the zoo the way they swarmed, I was half expecting some body slamming to start. lol. I guess I shouldn't complain so much I mean all 5 of us did eat for about $15. Which is pretty cheap to feed all of us if you ask me.
How about any of you? Have you ever had an experience like this at a buffet or anywhere else?

1 comment:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Sadly, that type of behavior seems to be quite common at buffets like the one you mentioned. We do not go to them that often because of this. I really wish more managers would open their mouths and tell people to be considerate of others.

BTW - You have e-mail! You won my Nature's Source Giveaway :)