Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's been about a week since I last updated my little space on the net. I really need to start doing this more often. :)
We are all unpacked, ok so most of the boxes are shoved into closets until I can figure out where I want to put the abundance of CRAP I have aquired. I started out my journey to Single Mommy Hood with not a whole lot of anything. And moving oh about a billion times since then I thought that my stash had dwindled significantly. Man was I wrong! For the first time in about 3 years I have all of our stuff in 1 place. Let just say for aout the next 10 years my kids shouldn't need much of anything. :)
It is about a month into summer, you know the kids holiday. The mom's holiday really starts when kids go BACK to school. My kids are with me 24/7. All the time, no matter where I go or what I do I feel like a momma duck with her ducklings following her in a nice quiet row. Ok thats a joke. There is nothing quiet about my 4 little ducklings, you may notice I have added an extra duck I will explain that later. They are loud and touch everything. Thankfully they have been spending most of their days outside.
We have been doing fun things together, watching movies, playing board games and we even tiedyed shirts one day. I ended up with 4 children looking like really pretty easter eggs.
This weekend is the baby's first birthday. I am sad, and excited. She is my last baby. I am in denial about her growing up. I will keep you all updated about how that goes.
Now about my 4th duckling...that would be Buddy. He is my stepson, I really dislike that word so from here on out I will only refer to him as my half son or my son. I have been his 'other mommy' since he was about 1. Thankfully I am still able to spend time with him. After raising him for much of his life, he is 10 now, I miss having him around terribly! He came home from a semester with family and daddy let me have him. I have my whole family, well almost, back together again and it is wonderful. But he will be leaving me again in just a couple weeks to go live with his 'real mom' btw I dislike that word too cause I am his real mom, ive taken him to dr appointments and conferences and ive gotten the handmade presents at mother's day and christmas, Ive seen all his christmas programs, I AM his Real Mom! ok sorry I will stop that little tirade now. I love him, he is my son, my oldest boy, my other kids biggest brother and I am going to miss him terribly.
Thats about it from the bend in the river. I will keep updating when I can. Things are a little busy here doing things alone. :)

No comments: